Sunday, April 13, 2008

Call me Broccoli Boy

SO as you can understand, i have been adjusting to the food. And i don't think it is the fact that food here is different, or that getting a body organ on your plate as dinner is anything out of the norm. But i really think it is just the fact that i dont get anything like what i would in the states.

Set me up with a big bowl of veggies or salad or mashed potatoes and i am all set. Well most of what they serve here is meat. I went out for a walk last night at 1am, when the bars were in full swing, and you can't walk 20ft without running into a boiling pot of water or fire, where they are serving 50 types of meat. What type you ask, just use your imagination.

So i have a new system, I got my translator to write down "steamed garlic broccoli" in Chinesse and so far it has worked. I will probably be eating broccoli at every meal for the next 6 months. And you will get no complaints out of me, if i can get that at every meal!!!!

No comments: