Saturday, April 12, 2008

Everybody Dim Sum Tonight





So there is this great restaurant here in Chongqing that I have now been to twice. Kit and Kat brought us to it, saying that it was different from any other Chinese restaurant that we had had yet. Since I hadn’t really had an amazing Chinese food experience, I was game. It was wonderful. Dim sum is known more as a southern style of food. There were pork dumplings, shrimp dumplings, veggie dumplings, and even carrot cake dumplings.
It was so nice that I invited some of the cast to return to it 2 nights later. We had gotten kit to write out all the dumplings we had the night before. And I was able to look at the menu to order a few other dishes for everyone. Except I kind of ordered one dish by accident. Wait for it. Cow stomach linings and intestines. Having now gotten over most of my shyness with Chinese food, I was game to try. And by shyness I mean lots of fat, bone, and cartilage in your food. The stomach lining was surprisingly the better of the two. It was very rubbery and honeycombed like a bee hive. Once you chewed on it enough, it really wasn’t horrible. The intestines on the other hand were flavorless. They were rubbery as well and had pointy things on them. 2 hours after eating I noticed I had some intestine still in my teeth. Good times.

No comments: