Thursday, August 14, 2008

Guangzhou By Train

We finished load out this morning at 3am. It was a record load out for us and we finished in a little over 4 hours. It was great to finally have something accomplished in China. We then had like 3 hours before we got on a train to travel to our next city.

I have to say it was awesome to travel by train. The train was brand new and it was a very smooth trip. It only took an hour to go by train and it was like 20 bucks. Even though I hadn’t slept in over 36 hours, I was enthralled watching the countryside go by. Unfortunately for China “countryside” means rice patty field followed by 50 apartment complexes then some trees then 50 apartment complexes then some more farming land and so on. It does give you a different feeling for China passing the agriculture of China, but you can never escape the city setting. There just isn’t open area in China (or at least I haven’t seen it). And when I say apartment complexes I pretty much mean NYC style. Not like Midwest suburb style.

Just find this interesting.

No comments: